Recipe by BluejeanBaby
A delight to the eye and flavourful. Great hot or cold. Even Men will eat this chilled instead of stock standard salad at a BBQ.
- 4 large mushrooms (Large Field Type)
- 1 (2 lb) bag spinach (6-8 small bunches)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ginger, crushed or chopped (fresh is good or powdered will do)
- 1 tablespoon coriander, crushed (fresh or powdered, Americans call this cillantro I think, it's a fragrant herb with a leaf rather li)
- 1 -2 tablespoon light soya sauce (medium will do)
- 2 -3 tablespoons oil (for Stir Frying with)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pick and wash leaves of spinach.
- Blanche the spinach (let it sit in the hot water a minute and then another minute in the ice water).
- Place the spinach on a plate ready to drain.
- Drain the spinach and squeeze it to get rid of excess water.
- In a frying pan on a medium to low heat add oil and garlic.
- Stir the spinach in small bunches in the garlic letting it dry off.
- Add Soya Sauce and stir through.
- Lay Spinach in a ring on a serving dish. (Set aside to cool).
- Slice Mushrooms in 2/8-3/8 inch thicknesses.
- Oil the pan.
- Add Ginger and Coriander (if you are using dry spices use a little more oil).
- Add the mushrooms and stir fry.
- Place the mushrooms at the centre of the spinach. (chill for a great summer dish).
- (If you are serving this hot, reheat the spinach in the microwave before adding the mushrooms).