Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This dip is one that I am always told to bring to a gathering. We have found that we like to use half mozzarella and half colby cheese or I add some sharp cheddar for a change of pace. It is REALLY good as a spread on a ham sandwich as well. (This is the original recipe I was given, I have altered some of the ingredient amounts though for more flavor.)
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon dried onion, minced (or 1 tsp. onion powder)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 dash garlic salt (I recommend using 1/4 tsp.)
- 1 dash seasoning salt (I recommend using 1 tsp.)
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Serve with raw vegetables, tortilla chips or potato chips.
I used 1 cup mayo and 2 cups sour cream...The ingredients don''t sound like they would go well together...but they are great!!!!!!!
One of our school coaches makes this for parties. He uses tons of raw crushed garlic instead of dried, and a good quarter cup of chopped fresh parsley but otherwise the same recipe. He also says you have to let it sit overnight in the fridge to really develop. I can't argue with perfection! This dip is fantastic!
Too much mayo. Couldn't taste cheese. All I could taste was mayo even after adding more sour cream. Give me dilly dip anytime. Sorry just not to my taste.