Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This dip is one that I am always told to bring to a gathering. We have found that we like to use half mozzarella and half colby cheese or I add some sharp cheddar for a change of pace. It is REALLY good as a spread on a ham sandwich as well. (This is the original recipe I was given, I have altered some of the ingredient amounts though for more flavor.)
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon dried onion, minced (or 1 tsp. onion powder)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 dash garlic salt (I recommend using 1/4 tsp.)
- 1 dash seasoning salt (I recommend using 1 tsp.)
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Serve with raw vegetables, tortilla chips or potato chips.
I used 1 cup mayo and 2 cups sour cream...The ingredients don''t sound like they would go well together...but they are great!!!!!!!
everyone really liked it- definitly use extra parmesan
This dip tastes ok initially, but very much improves upon chilling! I used the greater amounts of seasonings you specified and also increased the amount of parmesan cheese.