Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Many different types of melons can be used in this cool, fresh soup, however, honeydew melons defnitely are the best.
- 4 cups ripe honeydews, cut into small balls
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup honeydew balls (to garnish)
- In a blender container, combine honeydew, lime juice, and honey. Blend until smooth. Pour into a bowl and add yogurt.
- Beat with a fork or wire whisk until blended.
- Chill several hours.
- Serve cold.
- Whisk before serving and garnish each bowl with a few melon balls.
- NOTE: chilling time not included with prep time.
Delicious! I did eyeball the honeydew (used a whole honeydew, instead of measuring, but it was close) and used plain yogurt instead of vanilla, but otherwise kept it exact. It was AMAZING! I would never have believed that things I eat all the time taste SO SO SO good combined. This will now be a regular summer family recipe. Thanks!
This is quite healthy & tasty and very refreshing. I used honeydew with watermelon balls on top, freshly squeezed lime juice, I left the honey out as it was sweet enough and I didn't have any raw local honey (after finding out what is in the other stuff and how they cook it I no longer use pasteurised honey), and plain organic yogurt (forgot it said vanilla). Made for RECIPE SWAP #64 - May 2012.
Light, refreshing, healthy and delicious! I chose to garnish with cantaloupe balls for contrast, the two flavors complement each other. Thank you for sharing this recipe, morgainegeiser. Made as "Slice of Lime Babe" of the Brickhouse Bodacious Babes for ZWT5 Caribbean region.