Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a wonderful summer side, or great appetizer!
- 1 lb large peeled cooked shrimp (use the frozen kind, thawed)
- 2 medium avocados, chopped
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (frozen works too)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onions
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- Combine first 5 ingredients and set aside.
- Whisk together lime juice through pepper. Gradually whisk in olive oil.
- Gently stir lime juice mixture into shrimp mixture to coat. Chill at least one hour. Garnish with cilantro leaves and red onion.
I liked... no one else cared much for it. <br/>Lesson learned... know your audience!
I couldn't stop eating this dish. Excellent alternative to shrimp cocktail.
Served this as a cold entree on a dinner boat cruise & it was a big hit.