Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is the ANSWER for me on a hot summer day. I could eat the whole bowl. Usually serve on lettuce with a tall glass of lemonade.
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 709.77 ml macaroni, uncooked
- 283.49 g package frozen green peas, thawed and drained
- 2 (340.19 g) can tuna, drained and flaked
- 118.29-236.59 ml mayonnaise (the amount depends on how moist or dry you like your salad)
- 1.23 ml salt ("or" to taste)
- 0.59 ml pepper ("or" to taste)
- Cook macaroni according to package directions, drain in colander and rinse with cold water.
- In a large bowl, place the macaroni and peas.
- Add the eggs and tuna; mix well.
- Mix together mayo, salt, and pepper.
- Add to tuna mixture a little at a time; mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
My girlfriends and I got together for lunch and I served this. We all loved it. Very simple but so yummy and great on a warm afternoon. I served this with fresh fruit, and steamed broccoli. A wonderful lite and tasty lunch. Thanks for a great recipe.
Wow this was good! The only changes I made were taking the peas straight out of the freezer and cooking them with the pasta and upping the amount of black pepper to 1/4 teaspoon. I ate mine while it was still warm for lunch today and it was delicious - now I am looking forward to enjoying the cold leftovers later!
I definitely recommend using more mayo than suggested, I used double. And added a can of sliced olives. Otherwise, great recipe!