Recipe by Tara in Iowa
I like this recipe because it is very yummy. I learned how to make this recipe from my mother growing up. We like to eat it with toast.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I did add a couple of things while making this recipe ~ I used 1 can of albacore tuna & a bit larger amount of canned chicken breast, then also added several tablespoons of honey Dijon mustard with the mayo! Oh, yes, I also just barely steamed the peas since I'd be happy to eat them raw, while my other half prefers them a little bit cooked! Anyway, however it's done, this keeper of a recipe makes for a VERY TASTY MAC SALAD! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged, made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block tag]
- 2 cups macaroni
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 12 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 2 (4 ounce) cans tuna
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil macaroni and peas until tender to your liking.
- In a bowl put the macaroni and pea mixture.
- Add tuna and cheese. I usually cut the cheese into chunks but can cut it up how you want.
- Add mayo or mayonnaise to your liking.
- Refrigerate until cold. I usually refrigerate for about 2 hours.