Prep 15 mins
Cook 24 hrs
This recipe came down to me from my grandmother from her sister. A great, cold salad side for any spring/summer occassion. Very tasteful and colorful dish.
- 5 cups fresh lettuce or 5 cups spinach
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup peas (not cooked)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Tear lettuce (or spinach) into bite sized pieces and place into oblong dish.
- Layer all ingredients (in order) into dish.
- Chill, covered overnight.
- Serve topped with cheddar cheese.
If I could give this more starts,I would!! I had to scale it down to one serving because my family would think that I was trying to kill them with the veggies...they don't know what's good!! I used a mini orange pepper and topped off with colby/jack cheese but I followed the rest of the recipe perfect. This was wonderful! Thanks so much for posting!!