Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
Posting for safe keeping so I can try later. Good on a hot summer day.
Make and share this Cold Indian Split Pea Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Pick over the peas to remove any grit & then wash and drain them.
- Place the drained peas in a large saucepan with water and turmeric. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 90 minutes or until peas are tender. Remove from heat.
- Put peas & liquid into a blender or food processor (prefer to use a hand blender in the pot). Add the lemon juice, cumin, coriander, chili, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and refrigerate until cool.
- Garnish with a swirl of yogurt.