Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
Entered for safe-keeping, great for picnics and can be prepared a day ahead. Found in California Sizzles.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh green beans
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄4 lb gruyere cheese, grated
- Wash and blanch green beans for 1 minutes or until very crunchy.
- Place oil, vinegar, mustard, parsley, salt and pepper in a jar and shake well. Pour sauce over green beans, then refrigerate.
- Clean mushrooms with wet paper towel before slicing. Prior to serving, add mushrooms and cheese to green beans and toss well.
This was something qiute different for me and I'm so glad that I tried it. The beans have a mild pickled taste that the cheese choice really compliments it. This would be excellent with any BBQ. Thank you Kate for sharing this recipe.