Recipe by Le Beast
This is a really nice way to do beans, goes great with anything, excellant flavour I promise!!
Top Review by redwine
This recipe is exactly what I was looking for on the 'Zaar. I had some spicy, pickled Garlic that I used in place of fresh and added a little Dijon Mustard to the Vinegar and Olive Oil. A new way to serve an ordinary vegetable !!!
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed and washed
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup toasted walnuts
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Blanch the beans for about 3-4 mins, and put into cold water to stop the cooking process.
- In a bowl mash the garlic with the salt to make a paste.
- Add the vinegar and then slowly whisk in the olive oil.
- In a bowl toss the dressing with the walnuts and beans.
- Season to taste with more salt and freshly ground pepper!! Enjoy!