Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A really great Asian-influenced alternative to traditional pesto! This is great tossed with poached chicken or pasta!
- 1⁄2 cup light vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup green onion
- 1⁄4 cup ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1⁄4 cup lightly packed cilantro
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts, finely chopped
- In a small saucepan heat oil, add salt and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature and blend the oil with the ginger, green onions, cilantro, shallots, white pepper and in a food processor.
- Stir the macadamia nuts into the pesto.