Recipe by - Carla -
Apricots, oranges, grapes and red onions adorn this healthy and delicious low calorie summer lunch.
Top Review by coffcrmsug
We had this for dinner lastnight and it was a big hit. It was very easy to make. I adapted it alittle by adding diced apples, dried cranberries and I squeezed an orange over it before chilling. We used this as a topping over a mixed blend salad. It was wonderful!!
- 1⁄4 cup dried apricot halves, quartered
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, Chopped
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup orange section, coarse chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red seedless grapes or 1⁄2 cup green grape
- 1⁄4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, Chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash red pepper
- 4 leaves red leaf lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine quartered apricot halves, chopped onion, white wine, orange juice, and red wine vinegar in a saucepan, and bring to a boil.
- Set aside to cool.
- Combine apricot mixture with chicken, orange, grapes, almonds, parsley, pepper, salt, and crushed red pepper in a large bowl; cover and chill 1-2 hours.
- Spoon chicken mixture onto a lettuce lined platter to serve.