Pineapple matchsticks are rolled up in paper-thin slices of melon for a light, refreshing dessert that is prepared in the same fashion as sushi rolls. It's important that the fruit be perfectly ripe. Wrap cool slices of melon around pineapple matchsticks, squeeze some fresh lemon juice over the pieces, wrap tightly, and refrigerate until it is time to serve dessert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the fruit on a cutting board lined with wax paper or parchment paper.
- 2Trim the tops and bottoms of the melons and pineapple and sit them upright on the cutting board.
- 3Using a very sharp knife, cut away the rind, slicing lengthwise, working your way around the fruit.
- 4Cut about 24 very thin slices of melon in the same fashion, slicing from the top to bottom, allowing the juices to collect on the parchment paper.
- 5Slice the pineapple lengthwise into 1/8" slices. Stack and cut into matchsticks.
- 6Pour the juices that have collected into a small bowl.
- 7Stir in the sweetener and set aside.
- 8To assemble the fruit sushi:
- 9Lay the melon slices vertically on the cutting board. Place 3 pineapple matchsticks horizontally at the base of the melon. Roll the melon around the matchsticks, wrapping tightly.
- 10Trim the base of the roll and slice it into individual pieces.
- 11Squeeze some fresh lemon juice over the pieces, and refrigerate until it is time to serve dessert. Serve with juices mixed with sweetener. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Pineapple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cold Fruit Sushi With Honey-Style Dipping Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (597 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 216.0
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 64.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 48.5 g
- Protein 2.9 g