Recipe by Chef Mona 0708
A quick and easy-to-make side dish. Best served with fried food (cutlets, onion rings, omelet, french fries etc.). Tangy, cold macaroni salad with pieces of pineapple, apple, cucumber, peanuts, blended together in Tartar Sauce
- 1 cup shell macaroni
- 1 liter water, for boiling
- 1 teaspoon salt, for boiling
- 1 tablespoon oil, for boiling
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple, diced (processed)
- 1⁄4 cup apple, diced
- 1⁄4 cup cucumber
- 1 tablespoon peanuts (plain roasted)
- 2 tablespoons tartar sauce
- 1⁄2 lemons, juice of or 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano flakes
- 1 iceberg lettuce
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the salt and oil to water and bring it to a boil.
- Add macaroni to it and drain when its tender (15 minutes or so).
- Wash it under cold water, pour a teaspoon of oil on it, and leave it to drain.
- Processed pineapple procedure: Cut pineapple in thick slices, and boil it in sugar water (3 tablespoons sugar added to 1/2 litre water) for 1 hour over low flame.
- In a mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients except the lettuce.
- Spread the lettuce leaf on a dish and pour salad on top.
- Serve chilled.