Recipe by MissyIffy
This is a very simple dessert that uses ordinary ingredients. Can curdle sometimes (but is still edible and tastes the same - just doesn't look as nice), so it's good to be attentive and KEEP STIRRING! Try to use a sweet, crisp apple. I usually use store bought sponge.
- 1 liter homo milk
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4-1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 2 bananas
- 1 apple
- 2 cups sponge cakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Set up a bain-marie / double boiler (or you can make your own by placing a small pan inside a larger pan, and filling the large pan with about 2 inches of boiling water).
- Blend eggs, sugar and milk together.
- Pour mixture into smaller pan and stir constantly at medium heat until custard reaches desired thickness (will take approximately 30 minutes).
- Stir constantly.
- Add vanilla essence and stir before taking off heat and allowing to cool to room temperature.
- Chop bananas into thin rounds.
- Core and chop apple into small, thin pieces (similar to the banana slices).
- Cube the sponge cake.
- Place the fruit and sponge in a large serving bowl and pour in all of the custard.
- Chill in refrigerator and stir once before spooning into bowls and serving.