Prep 35 mins
Cook 15 mins
Watched Alton Brown make this on television last night. I love his show because he tells you the "why" behind every thing he does!
- 2 1⁄2 lbs red potatoes
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1⁄2 tablespoon very thinly sliced garlic
- 3 tablespoons fine chopped cornichons (gherkins)
- 1⁄2 cup small dice red onion
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Place potatoes into a large heavy-bottomed pot. Cover with cold water and place over medium heat. Cover the pot and bring to a boil. Immediately reduce heat and remove lid. Gently simmer until potatoes are fork tender. Drain and place into an ice bath to cool.
- Remove skin by rubbing with a tea towel.
- Slice potatoes into rounds and place into a zip top bag.
- Add the vinegar and toss to coat all of the potatoes. Place the bag into the refrigerator overnight.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, parsley, tarragon, garlic, cornichons, onions, and celery.
- Once evenly combined, add the potatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Let the salad chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving.
Ridonkulous potato salad! So fresh and flavorful This is going in to my favorites right now!