Cold-Fashioned Potato Salad - Alton Brown
- Place potatoes into a large heavy-bottomed pot. Cover with cold water and place over medium heat. Cover the pot and bring to a boil. Immediately reduce heat and remove lid. Gently simmer until potatoes are fork tender. Drain and place into an ice bath to cool.
- Remove skin by rubbing with a tea towel.
- Slice potatoes into rounds and place into a zip top bag.
- Add the vinegar and toss to coat all of the potatoes. Place the bag into the refrigerator overnight.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, parsley, tarragon, garlic, cornichons, onions, and celery.
- Once evenly combined, add the potatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Let the salad chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving.