Cold Egg and Leek Hors d'Oeuvre
- Trim off the green parts of the leeks, chop up the white part and wash thoroughly, then drain well and pat dry.
- In a saucepan heat 2 tb.
- olive oil and stew the chopped leeks gently for about 8-10 minutes or until cooked.
- Meanwhile, hard-boil the eggs.
- Put the leeks in a shallow dish, dress them with the lemon juice, salt and pepper, and allow to cool.
- Shell the eggs and mash them with a fork, adding the mayonnaise and mustard.
- Mix in the capers.
- Spread the egg mixture onto the leeks and chill for at least 2 hours.