Recipe by BecR
This cold salad was a winner among over 600 entries in the local paper seeking Thanksgiving worthy side dishes. It is also perfect for spring and summer. From Rita E. Applegate. Note: Also good with a combination of chervil, chives and dill (with or w/o the curry) for a very classic peas dish. I hope you enjoy!
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
Loved this, it was so easy and taste soooo good, fresh and cool. I made some very minor changes due to necessity. Halved it as there's only one of me home right now, used canned baby sweet peas (didn't have to cook them) red onion as I had no chives, and sprinkled in a tablespoon of crumbeled bacon. It was wonderful, loved the addition of curry. Made for Eating Right in the Photo Forum.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen tiny peas
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon chopped dried chives (or 1 tablespoon fresh chives)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (to taste)
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- crisp salad green, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the peas according to directions on package; drain thoroughly.
- In a bowl, mix together sour cream, dill, chives, curry powder, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Carefully combine with peas.
- Chill and serve on a bed of crisp salad greens. Garnish with more dill or chives, if desired.
- Makes 8 servings.
- NOTE: Time does not include chill time.