This salad is a summer salad had all year round in our house because we love it so much. This was a tradition in our house in New Zealand. If you have picky eaters they can just pick what they like out of this
- 8 tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1⁄4 cucumber, chopped in half then half again and sliced
- 8 small gherkins (mini)
- 4 beetroots
- 4 slices ham (or both) or 4 slices roast beef (or both)
- 4 slices deli turkey (or both) or 4 slices deli chicken (or both)
- 4 eggs, hard boiled and cut into quarters
- 1 avocado (peeled, stone removed and sliced)
- 1⁄2 French baguette (or a tear and share is better)
- 200 g prawns
- 200 g smoked salmon
- 1⁄2 onion, sliced not chopped
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 slices goat cheese
- 4 slices port du salut cheese (just slices of cheese)
- 8 olives
- 1 (375 g) can condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 cup malt vinegar
- Decorate all on serving plates and place on table for everyone to grab what they want and eat.
- To make mayonnaise:.
- Empty milk into a small bowl, add vinegar and mustard powder to taste (it should not taste like condensed milk anymore).