Prep 1 min
Cook 5 mins
A side dish for hot and cold buffets. I came up with this on one of those occasions when we had run the cupboards down to next to nothing and had to get inventive. Initially I served it hot on rice, which worked well but it turned out to be just as good as a cold side dish. It has become part of our summer garden party buffet menu and often ends up on plates with rice salads.
- Place butter or oil in a frying pan and heat.
- Put the curry paste into the pan.
- Drain the pears and add them to the pan.
- Turn the paste over the pears for about 5 minutes, covering them well without breaking them.
- Spoon the curried pear onto a plate and leave to cool.