Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Adapted from a Cooking Light recipe. I made it last night for the first time and we thought it was delicious.
- 5 cucumbers, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, and coarsely chopped (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat buttermilk or 1⁄4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream (fat free is OK too)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, halved and seeded
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved chopped or 1 cup tomato, chopped
- Place everything but the tomatoes in a food processor; process until smooth.
- Top with tomatoes.