Edith T's Note:
Adapted from a Cooking Light recipe. I made it last night for the first time and we thought it was delicious.
My Private Note
cup ser ...
Units: US | Metric
- 5 cucumbers, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, and coarsely chopped (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk or 1/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/4 cup low-fat sour cream (fat free is OK too)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, halved and seeded
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved chopped or 1 cup tomato, chopped
- 1Place everything but the tomatoes in a food processor; process until smooth.
- 2Top with tomatoes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cold Cucumber Soup With Tomato Topping
Serving Size: 1 (476 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 99.9
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 6.5 mg
- Sodium 614.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 4.0 g