Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 29.58 ml reduced-fat butter or 29.58 ml margarine
- 236.59 ml diced onion
- 828.06 ml chicken broth
- 236.59 ml diced peeled potato
- 946.36 ml diced cucumbers
- 236.59 ml plain yogurt
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 22.18 ml snipped fresh dill
- cucumber, slices (optional)
- dill sprigs (optional)
- fresh edible flower (optional)
- toasted walnut pieces (optional)
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat.
- Add onion, cook 10 minutes.
- Add broth and potato; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes.
- Add cucumbers, continue to simmer 10 minutes, until vegetables are very tender.
- Let soup cool slightly.
- Working in batches in blender, puree soup mixture until smooth.
- Transfer to 2 quart bowl.
- Whisk in yogurt, salt and pepper until well blended.
- Cover; refrigerate until well chilled.
- When ready to serve, stir in dill.
- Garnish if desired.
Very very good! I whipped this up in the morning before leaving for work and then let it chill in the fridge. Came home from a hot and horrible day at the office, and this was so cooling and refreshing, it brought me back to life again. I wanted to keep this all-dairy, so I used vegetable broth. I'm also on a diet that doesn't allow potatoes, so I substituted one celery root instead. Before pureeing in the blender I tossed in the fresh dill, and didn't need any garnish at all. Great summer refresher!