Recipe by Rita~
Garden cucumbers are calling to be used in this soup! Put it into a insulated thermas for picnics.Easy make ahead for outdoor parties. Cilantro is very good in this too.
- 1 medium vidalia onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cucumbers, peeled,diced
- 2 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 teaspoon dill, minced
- salt & pepper
- scallion, sliced finely
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion in hot oil 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cucumber and cook 3 minutes more.
- Add broth, lime juice, and sugar.
- Reduce heat and cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Cool for a few minutes.
- Puree in a blender.
- Add yogurt, dill, salt and pepper to taste.
- Blend again.
- Chill and serve in icy cold bowls.
- Garnish with scallions.