Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled and seeded
- 1 1⁄4 cups nonfat sour cream
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 4 sprigs fresh parsley, stems removed
- 2 sprigs fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed, stems removed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- Cut cucumbers into large chunks; place in a blender with remaining ingredients.
- Puree; pour into bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
I made this recipe with plain soy yogurt instead of sour cream and vegetable broth in the place of the chicken broth (vegetarian style) it was very very delicious!!!!!!!!!!
I used regular sour cream and Better Than Bouillon instead of low sodium chicken broth. It was delicious. Even my fiance, who had never eaten cold soup before, liked it. Very easy to make. I will be making it again.
This was a nice cold soup....easy enough to make. I added some garlic and used a shallot instead of the regular onion. I also used regular sour cream for more flavor and a creamier texture. The soup tasted better to me the second day. I would suggest chilling it overnight instead of the 8 hours because it gives the soup more time for the flavors to marinate together, thus bringing out the full flavor of the soup.