Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Best cucumber salad I've ever eaten! I could eat the entire bowl myself. The key is salting and draining the cukes. This is Paula Deen's.
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- fresh ground black pepper
- Place cucumber slices in glass bowl. Sprinkle with salt and vinegar. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Pour off excess liquid and drain cukes in colander for about 30 minutes to allow complete drainage.
- Pat excess moisture off cucumbers with a paper towel. Add mayonnaise, sour cream, dill and pepper. Mix well. Season as needed with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
Loved this recipe. Great flavor and not watery. Thanks for the recipe.
This was so good, my family loved it and it as a great dish for thesummer, I will be making it again. Thanks for the wonderful recipe.