Recipe by Sackville
My mother writes: "This is enough to take care of roughly two quarts of finger-sized pickling cucumbers." Seems like an easy recipe, but one that requires a little patience.
- 2 quarts cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons dry mustard
- 4 tablespoons salt
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon peppercorn
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon stick, broken up
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the pickling juice a week before you are planning to use it by mixing all the ingredients together and stirring every morning.
- When ready to use, wash your pickling cucumbers and prick each with a fork.
- Pack into jars according to size.
- Pour enough of the vinegar mixture into the jars to cover the pickles.
- Divide spices among jars.
- Seal and store in a cool place.
- Season for a couple of months before using.