Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Wonderful for hot days and so easy to make! Plan ahead the soup mixture needs to chilled for about 4 hours before serving, or can be prepared up to a day in advance. Cooking time is chilling time, this complete recipe can be doubled.
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 yellow bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups honeydew melon (cut into about 1-inch cubes)
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped (wear gloves for this!)
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice or 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3⁄4 lb cooked lump crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons white wine vinegar (or to taste)
- 3 -4 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- salt and black pepper
- In a blender puree the cucumbers, yellow bell peppers, honeydew, shallot, jalapeno chili, yogurt and lemon or lime juice until smooth.
- Force the mixture through a fine sieve into a bowl; chill for about 4 hours or until the soup is very cold.
- Season with black pepper and salt if desired.
- Just before serving, in a small bowl toss together the crabmeat with oil and vinegar.
- Divide crab mixture between 4-6 bowls, mounding the mixture in the center of the bowl, then ladle the soup around it.
- Sprinkle with more chives and yellow bell pepper slices if desired.
Made it as directed and it was great! VERY light and refreshing, and really easy in the food processor.