4 hrs 10 mins
Wonderful for hot days and so easy to make! Plan ahead the soup mixture needs to chilled for about 4 hours before serving, or can be prepared up to a day in advance. Cooking time is chilling time, this complete recipe can be doubled.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 yellow bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups honeydew melon (cut into about 1-inch cubes)
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped (wear gloves for this!)
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice or 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3/4 lb cooked lump crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons white wine vinegar (or to taste)
- 3 -4 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- salt and black pepper
- 1In a blender puree the cucumbers, yellow bell peppers, honeydew, shallot, jalapeno chili, yogurt and lemon or lime juice until smooth.
- 2Force the mixture through a fine sieve into a bowl; chill for about 4 hours or until the soup is very cold.
- 3Season with black pepper and salt if desired.
- 4Just before serving, in a small bowl toss together the crabmeat with oil and vinegar.
- 5Divide crab mixture between 4-6 bowls, mounding the mixture in the center of the bowl, then ladle the soup around it.
- 6Sprinkle with more chives and yellow bell pepper slices if desired.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cold Cucumber Bell Pepper With Crab Soup
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.4
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 68.5 mg
- Sodium 356.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 22.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar