Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a light refreshing beginning to any meal.
- 1⁄2 medium cucumber
- 1 ripe small california avocado
- 1 scallion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1⁄2 cup ice cube
- 2 sprigs fresh coriander
- Peel cucumber and cut into 4 pieces.
- Quarter avocado, removing pit, and peel.
- Cut scallion into large pieces.
- In a blender puree all ingredients until smooth and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve soup garnished with coriander.
Fabulous!!! Following Rita's recommendation from another recipe, I tried this one instead. Beautiful color, velvety texture and oh so tasty! I used dried cilantro b/c I didn't have fresh and lime juice instead of lemon. I didn't find the garlic taste to be too sharp, it added a lovely bite to the soup. Thanks so much for a great recipe.
We didn't like this very much. The garlic taste was too sharp. I'm wondering if maybe I didn't put enough cucumber in it. It looked lovely, but didn't taste right. I also substituted chives because I didn't have scallions, so that may have affected the taste.
SUPERIOR!. Refreshingly light. I wish I had the coriander, just because I like it so much. I did use dill instead. So very very good.