Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Not only does this salad look beautiful it is also delicious, it's great to serve at a get-together. Plan ahead this salad needs to chill for a minumum of 4 hours before serving, all ingredients amounts may be adjusted to taste and the complete recipe may be doubled, prep time includes chilling time, feel free to add to the salad ingredients ;-)
Top Review by bitchiecupcake
Wow, thank you for this recipe. The only thing that I did differently was leave the onion, and salt out. I used my homegrown organic carpathian garlic, so i was afraid that the onion would be too much. This salad is bursting with flavors. I'm going to make it for my daughters birthday visit next week.
- 6 cups coloured rotini pasta (cooked, drained and rinsed under cold water)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped cooked ham
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 large plum tomato, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled blue cheese (or use 1 cup finely cubed cheddar cheese) or 1⁄2 cup feta cheese (or use 1 cup finely cubed cheddar cheese)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- salt (to taste if needed)
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup prepared Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing (can use more, or use favorite brand ranch dressing)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (or use 1/2 teaspoon white salt)
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic (or use 1 teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large glass bowl mix together all salad ingredients except the salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl combine the dressing ingredients until well blended; pour over the salad and toss to combine.
- Season with black pepper and salt if desired to taste.
- If the mixture seems dry add in a little more mayonnaise.
- Cover and refrigerate for a minumu of 4 hours.