Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a Chinese noodles salad with peanut dressing.
Make and share this Cold Chinese Noodles in Peanut Sesame Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb chinese noodles
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 6 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons tahini (sesame paste)
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 4 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot, minced
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper oil
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- Cook noodles in large pot of boiling unsalted water over medium heat until barely tender and still firm. Drain immediately and rinse with cold water until cold. Drain well and toss noodles with dark sesame oil so they don't stick together.
- For dressing, combine all dressing ingredients except hot water in a blender or food processor fitted with steel blade and blend until smooth. Thin with hot water to consistency of whipping cream. Just before serving, toss noodles with sauce. Use about 6 heaping tablespoons of dressing per pound of noodles. Garnish with cucumber, peanuts, green onion, and carrot curls. Serve at room temperature.