1/4 Photos of Cold Chinese Noodles in Peanut-Sesame Sauce
Dressing will keep well indefinitely in the refrigerator. Use about 2-4 heaping Tbsp. of dressing per pound of noodles. Recipe may be prepared up to 1 day ahead of time through Step 3 and kept refrigerated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons tahini (sesame paste)
- 1/2 cup dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 4 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 -2 tablespoon hot pepper oil (see instructions below)
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 lb chinese noodles (or any spaghetti or fettucini-type pasta)
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1Cook noodles in large pot of boiling unsalted water over medium heat until barely tender and still firm. Drain immediately and rinse with cold water until cold. Drain well and toss noodles with (2 Tbsp) dark sesame oil so they don't stick together.
- 2FOR DRESSING:
- 3Combine all ingredients except hot water in a blender or food processor fitted with steel blade and blend until smooth. Thin with hot water to consistency of whipping cream.
- 4For carrot curls: peel flesh of carrot in short shavings about 4" long. Place in ice water for 15 minutes to curl.
- 5Just before serving, toss noodles with sauce. Garnish with cucumber, peanuts, green onion, and carrot curls. Serve at room temperature.
- 6* HOT PEPPER OIL: the amount you use depends on how hot you like it. 2 tablespoons.
- 7will give it a nice "bite." If your tastes run to the very hot, you might want to use 3TB.
- 8If you want to make your own oil:
- 91/4 cup hot red pepper flakes, 1 cup oil. Combine in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to boil, and immediately turn off heat. Let cool. Strain in small glass container that can be sealed. Refrigerate.
- 10Lasts indefinitely.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cold Chinese Noodles in Peanut-Sesame Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 862.1
- Calories from Fat 551
- Total Fat 61.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1928.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 13.9 g
- Protein 16.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar
hot pepper oil