Top Review by Oolala
I was just about to add this from a Junior League cookbook from Portland, ME called, RSVP but the only differences were that the recipe I was adding says to use 1/2 cup sugar, pitted cherries, and 1/3 cup heavy cream.
- 3 cups cold water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 cups cherries, sour or sweet
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream (or sour cream)
- 1⁄2 cup red wine, dry
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine water, sugar, and cinnamon in saucepan; bring to a boil, and add cherries.
- Partially cover& simmer for 35 minutes for fresh cherries, or 10 minutes for canned.
- Remove cinnamon stick.
- Mix arrowroot& 2 tabl.
- cold water, then beat into soup.
- Stirring constantly, bring almost to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 2 minutes, until clear and slightly thickened.
- Add wine, and chill.