- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh gingerroot, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 1⁄2 lbs carrots, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup uncooked rice
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan or soup pot, melt butter, add onion and garlic and cook until tender. Add ginger and cook a few minutes more. Do not allow mixture to brown.
- Add curry powder and cook 2 minutes longer.
- Stir in carrots and mix well with onions.
- Add rice, stock, salt and pepper.
- Bring mixture to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer gently until carrots are tender about 45 minutes.
- Puree soup in blender. Chill thoroughly and stir in cream.