Prep 8 hrs
Cook 0 mins
My Mother-in-law gave me this recipe, it's delicious. It's a great side dish with grilled burgers or cold sandwiches! (Prep time includes chilling time)
- 2 lbs carrots, cooked and sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- Place cooked, sliced carrots, sliced onions and bell peppers in a large bowl.
- Mix together tomato soup, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, salt, pepper, sugar and mustard.
- Pour over carrots and mix well.
- Refrigerate over night.
- Keeps in the refrigerator for 2-3 weeks.
My sister, Mom and I all love this recipe. My husband not so much. I have this in a Church cookbook I bought years ago. Great recipe.
This is just a nice side dish. My Mom makes it occasionally when we visit. Easy to make, very refreshing. I didn't have a can of tomato soup so I substituted a small can of tomato paste and 1/2-3/4 t of Onion Powder, and 1/4-1/2t of Celery salt....it turned out just fine. Thanks for posting this recipe Kim D.
Very good as a side dish at a potluck/buffet party. Slice the carrots diagonally, especially if they are thick. They look nicer that way.