Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
Shamelessly swiped from the 'net for ZWT8 from a Spanish website who reposted it from Spain GourmeTour magazine. This looks really good especially in the heat we've been having! Vegetable stock is easily substituted for the chicken stock to make it vegetarian (and leave off the ham garnish). If Calanda peaches are unavailable, substitute a sweet fleshy variety.
- 2 1⁄4 lbs fresh calanda peaches
- 1 leek
- 1⁄2 onion
- 3 1⁄4 cups chicken stock (or vegetable)
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 whole cloves
- 2 peaches
- 5 ounces iberico ham (Spanish)
- of fresh mint
- Chop the onion and the white part of the leek and sauté gently in the hot oil in a saucepan.
- Wash the peaches, cut in half and remove the pits. Cut into pieces, add to the onion and leek mixture, and fry gently together.
- Cover with the stock, season with salt, pepper a little grated nutmeg, a pinch of cinnamon and the cloves stuck into a piece of onion (this makes it easier to remove them later). Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until the peaches are soft.
- Remove the onion with the cloves, blend the soup, add the cream and bring to a boil. Check the seasoning, add the butter and leave to cool.
- At the last minute, sprinkle with mint and serve with peaches and ham.
- Garnish: Blanch and peel the peaches. Cut into thin slices. Cut the iberico ham into strips.
WOW I really did enjoy! TRUE!
Not knowing what it would taste like too!
On that hot summer's day when you want something unusual this is the recipe!
SO glad I made this for the AUS/NZ Recipe Swap #72...Two thumbs up from me!