Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this in a kid's food cookbook and really liked it. If you'd like some heat, add some red pepper flakes to the dressing.
- 1⁄2 lb buckwheat noodle
- 1⁄4 cup sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup tahini
- 1⁄4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup sodium-free chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup steamed broccoli floret
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add the buckwheat noodles and cook as directed on package. Drain and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain again and place them in a bowl; toss with 1 Tbsp of the sesame oil.
- To prepare the dressing, whisk the tahini and peanut butter with the soy sauce and 2 Tbsp of the water in a bowl. Whisk in the remaining 3 Tbsp oil, and the vinegar and broth. Season with the garlic, ginger and scallions.
- Toss the noodles with the dressing. Let sit for 1 hour. Just before serving, add the meat, broccoli, and cilantro to the noodles. Toss to combine.