Recipe by KLHquilts
A friend just gave me this recipe and I made it up as an alternative for our workday morning coffee. Although it's recommended for iced coffee, it works equally well for hot coffee -- and it's EXTREMELY easy to put together in the morning, since you don't have to fuss with equipment or with cleaning. My husband's view (he's the coffee drinker in the family) was that it made very good hot coffee, but GREAT iced coffee.
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together the coffee grounds and water.
- Cover and let sit overnight.
- Strain through cheesecloth or a fine mesh strainer. Strain 2-3 times to remove grounds and silt.
- This creates a concentrate; to dilute to appropriate proportions, add one part water to one part coffee (i.e., use 1/2 cup coffee concentrate and 1/2 cup water). Add water or coffee concentrate to adjust to your personal tastes.
- For hot coffee, put it in the microwave for 1-2 minutes.
- For iced coffee, refrigerate and serve over ice.