12 hrs 5 mins
A friend just gave me this recipe and I made it up as an alternative for our workday morning coffee. Although it's recommended for iced coffee, it works equally well for hot coffee -- and it's EXTREMELY easy to put together in the morning, since you don't have to fuss with equipment or with cleaning. My husband's view (he's the coffee drinker in the family) was that it made very good hot coffee, but GREAT iced coffee.
My Private Note
- 1Stir together the coffee grounds and water.
- 2Cover and let sit overnight.
- 3Strain through cheesecloth or a fine mesh strainer. Strain 2-3 times to remove grounds and silt.
- 4This creates a concentrate; to dilute to appropriate proportions, add one part water to one part coffee (i.e., use 1/2 cup coffee concentrate and 1/2 cup water). Add water or coffee concentrate to adjust to your personal tastes.
- 5For hot coffee, put it in the microwave for 1-2 minutes.
- 6For iced coffee, refrigerate and serve over ice.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cold-Brewed Coffee
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: