Recipe by chia
susannah foo's is one of the few things i've enjoyed since moving to pa, and we go there for most occasions. her fusion food is wonderful. i just had to buy her cookbook as she is rather pricey, but this is one of those really easy dishes i make at home. this serves 6 as a first course, 3 as a main course
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer
- 1 lb shrimp, in shells
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon peeled grated gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon of fresh mint (or both) or 1 teaspoon chives (or both)
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- boil the beer in a saucepan, add shrimp and cook for 2 minutes, stirring until they are pink.
- cool, remove shrimp, peel, return to beer.
- remove the shrimp with a slotted spoon, transfer to a small bowl.
- heat the oil in a small saucepan, add soy, lime, tabasco, tomato, ginger, cook on hi, stirring, for 3-5 minutes until blended remove from heat, cool.
- serve with cooled shrimp, season with chives, mint, salt & pepper.