Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
susannah foo's is one of the few things i've enjoyed since moving to pa, and we go there for most occasions. her fusion food is wonderful. i just had to buy her cookbook as she is rather pricey, but this is one of those really easy dishes i make at home. this serves 6 as a first course, 3 as a main course
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer
- 1 lb shrimp, in shells
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon peeled grated gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon of fresh mint (or both) or 1 teaspoon chives (or both)
- salt & pepper
- boil the beer in a saucepan, add shrimp and cook for 2 minutes, stirring until they are pink.
- cool, remove shrimp, peel, return to beer.
- remove the shrimp with a slotted spoon, transfer to a small bowl.
- heat the oil in a small saucepan, add soy, lime, tabasco, tomato, ginger, cook on hi, stirring, for 3-5 minutes until blended remove from heat, cool.
- serve with cooled shrimp, season with chives, mint, salt & pepper.
Quick, easy, and delicious. Need I say more??
Flavors are good. Not really spice but not real bland. Probably would taste better warm and over rice.
These were good, but not as spectacular as I had hoped. I was also confused because step 2 says to return the shrimp to the beer, but it never says whether to remove the shrimp from the beer before serving. I assumed I should because otherwise the other sauce would be totally lost if it was added to the beer.