Recipe by Ellen Duffy
Can be garnished with 1/2 lb. lump or Alaskan king crab meat, or salsa, fresh cilantro
- 2 Hass avocadoes, peeled and pited (about 1 lb.)
- 1 small garlic clove, chopped
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup buttermilk or 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sour cream (optional) or 2 tablespoons yogurt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree avocados and garlic in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Stir in 2 c buttermilk, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Remove to a bowl and chill.
- If necessary, thin with remaining buttermilk. Season to taste.
- Serve in chilled bowls, garnished with remaining ingredients.