Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easily made ahead of time. As a passed appetizer, this will serve 16 in smaller “shot-style” glasses.
- 4 large ripe unblemished avocados (or 6 smaller)
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- salt & freshly ground black pepper (preferably white)
- 1 grated lemon, zest of
- Remove flesh from avocados.
- Blend in food processor, using some chicken broth to make blending easier. (I find it very convenient to use a hand-held immersion blender rather than a large Cuisinart for this recipe.).
- Add remaining chicken broth and sour cream and blend until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill thoroughly and serve.
- Sprinkle a small amount of grated lemon zest on each serving.
- Alternatively, you can also have a small dollop of thinned-out sour cream on top as well.