Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a quick and easy soup. If you like cold soup, and like avocado's then this is for you!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 ripe avocados
- 1 cup sour cream, plus additional (to garnish)
- 1 tablespoon limes or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, To taste
- Heat the butter in a saucepan over moderate heat and stir in the flour.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Boil for 5 minutes, remove from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Peel and pit 3 of the avocados and combine them with the remaining ingredients in an electric food processor or blender. Add about 2 cups of the cooled chicken stock and puree until smooth.
- Pour the avocado mixture into the saucepan with the remaining chicken stock and stir to combine.
- Chill for at least 2 hours.
- Immediately before serving, peel, pit, and dice the remaining avocado.
- Serve garnished with the diced avocado and a dollop of sour cream if desired.
I liked this one very much I would recommend a slight reduction in sour cream. I really like sourcream but felt that it overwelmed the other ingredients in this recipe I will make this again