Recipe by m0m
This is so easy and elegant. A friend that does not cook served it at a luncheon! I believe the recipe is from the Houston Chronicle food section. I have used crushed pecans instead of walnuts with good results.
Top Review by Catte Nappe
Wonderful! DH has always wants his asparagus steamed with a dollop of Miracle Whip on top. I'd done half a bunch that way just a few days earlier; and needing to use the rest as a side to chicken stroganoff on noodles i just couldn't deal with doing it that way again (aesthetically or nutritionally). The response to this "new" thing? "This is good. This is really good". So now we have a second way to treat asparagus.
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup crushed walnuts
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the tender tips of the asparagus in salt water until just tender.
- In a medium bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, and rice vinegar; whisk until blended and stir in walnuts.
- Combine asparagus and dressing and toss gently.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Arrange on a platter and sprinkle with black pepper.