Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is so easy and elegant. A friend that does not cook served it at a luncheon! I believe the recipe is from the Houston Chronicle food section. I have used crushed pecans instead of walnuts with good results.
- Cook the tender tips of the asparagus in salt water until just tender.
- In a medium bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, and rice vinegar; whisk until blended and stir in walnuts.
- Combine asparagus and dressing and toss gently.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Arrange on a platter and sprinkle with black pepper.
Wonderful! DH has always wants his asparagus steamed with a dollop of Miracle Whip on top. I'd done half a bunch that way just a few days earlier; and needing to use the rest as a side to chicken stroganoff on noodles i just couldn't deal with doing it that way again (aesthetically or nutritionally). The response to this "new" thing? "This is good. This is really good". So now we have a second way to treat asparagus.
We were asked to bring a healthy vegetable dish to a cancer support group meeting. This was a beautiful dish to share and was delicious as well. It was hit with the group.
We are not big asparagus fans in my home, but I decided we need to broaden our horizons, so we tried this. I think if you like asparagus, you will like the recipe. The sauce was nice (I used pecans).