- Blanch the asparagus and drain it on paper towels.
- Arrange the spears in a shallow serving dish and sprinkle with the minced shallot.
- Place the garlic and salt in a small bowl, and mash them together with the back of a spoon until the mixture forms a paste.
- Stir in the mustard and lemon juice.
- Whisk in the oil, vinegar, and pepper.
- Spoon this dressing over the asparagus.
- Garnish the asparagus with alternating bands of chopped egg white, parsley, and egg yolk.
- Chill thoroughly before serving.