1/1 Photo of Cold Asparagus Vinaigrette
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs asparagus, trimmed, peeled
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 hard-cooked egg, yolk and white minced separately
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1Blanch the asparagus and drain it on paper towels.
- 2Arrange the spears in a shallow serving dish and sprinkle with the minced shallot.
- 3Place the garlic and salt in a small bowl, and mash them together with the back of a spoon until the mixture forms a paste.
- 4Stir in the mustard and lemon juice.
- 5Whisk in the oil, vinegar, and pepper.
- 6Spoon this dressing over the asparagus.
- 7Garnish the asparagus with alternating bands of chopped egg white, parsley, and egg yolk.
- 8Chill thoroughly before serving.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cold Asparagus Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 435.0
- Calories from Fat 381
- Total Fat 42.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 53.0 mg
- Sodium 57.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 7.3 g