Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 2 lbs asparagus, trimmed, peeled
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 hard-cooked egg, yolk and white minced separately
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Blanch the asparagus and drain it on paper towels.
- Arrange the spears in a shallow serving dish and sprinkle with the minced shallot.
- Place the garlic and salt in a small bowl, and mash them together with the back of a spoon until the mixture forms a paste.
- Stir in the mustard and lemon juice.
- Whisk in the oil, vinegar, and pepper.
- Spoon this dressing over the asparagus.
- Garnish the asparagus with alternating bands of chopped egg white, parsley, and egg yolk.
- Chill thoroughly before serving.
One word...awesome!!! Definitely guest-worthy!! the vinaigrette is wonderful. THX!!