I got this recipe from a friend who wrote it out for me from memory but never told me where it came from. It is a yummy blend of brown rice, veggies and my favorites- garlic and sesame oil. Serve it cold- we eat it at our summer beach bar-b-ques with grilled chicken. Yummm! Note: My friend recommened you start with 1 tsp sesame oil and add more to taste. Also- don't even think of trying to subsitute any other vinegar for the rice wine vinegar :0)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice (measured uncooked)
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 3 green onions, diced small
- 1Cook the brown rice according to package. Or try it the way my friend says she makes it- boil it like pasta in a couple quarts of water and drain! I haven't tried this yet- let me know how it works.
- 2Meanwhile, prepare dressing and veggies.
- 3Toss rice with dressing and cool in fridge.
- 4Once cooled, add veggies and toss.
- 5If not serving right away, reserve peanuts until just before serving so they will not get soggy.
- 6Serve cold.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cold Asian Brown Rice Salad
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 567.0
- Calories from Fat 278
- Total Fat 30.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 250.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 12.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar