Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from a friend who wrote it out for me from memory but never told me where it came from. It is a yummy blend of brown rice, veggies and my favorites- garlic and sesame oil. Serve it cold- we eat it at our summer beach bar-b-ques with grilled chicken. Yummm! Note: My friend recommened you start with 1 tsp sesame oil and add more to taste. Also- don't even think of trying to subsitute any other vinegar for the rice wine vinegar :0)
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown rice (measured uncooked)
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 3 green onions, diced small
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- salt and pepper
- Cook the brown rice according to package. Or try it the way my friend says she makes it- boil it like pasta in a couple quarts of water and drain! I haven't tried this yet- let me know how it works.
- Meanwhile, prepare dressing and veggies.
- Toss rice with dressing and cool in fridge.
- Once cooled, add veggies and toss.
- If not serving right away, reserve peanuts until just before serving so they will not get soggy.
- Serve cold.
Delicious and healthy! I love this salad. A definite keeper and nice for potlucks too. Thank you for posting.