Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This delicious yogurt soup just "Hits The Spot" on a hot summers day! You can find variations of this recipe from Eastern Europe to the Middle East. I especially loved the yogurts in Turkey, Iran and Greece. If possible, try making your own home made yogurt. I use a Salton Yogurt Maker and the yogurt comes out rich and creamy. However, a good substitute is the Greek yogurts found in some of the bigger supermarkets.
- 3 cups rich creamy high fat content yogurt
- 1 -2 cup already made barley (cold)
- water (cold)
- salt, pinch of
- dried mint (not the fresh mint leaves)
- In individual bowls add 1/2 cup of yogurt, some barley, a pinch of salt and water.
- Mix into a nice medium thick consistency (like the thickness of buttermilk), sprinkle some dried mint leaves on top.