Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Our summer is ending, that means winter will be here before we know it bringing with it the dreaded lurgies !!
- 400 ml water
- 4 cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 star anise
- 3 cm piece ginger, finely sliced
- 1 small red chili
- 500 ml orange juice
- 150 g honey
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 2 oranges, cut into slices
- Put water, spices and chilli into a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Simmer till liquid is reduced by half.
- Add orange juice, honey, lemon zest and juice.
- Cook further 5 minutes or until aromatic.
- Put orange slices into 4 tall glasses.
- Pour tea through a strainer into glasses.
- Serve warm.
Aussie Swap #80: YUM!! I know "medicine" isn't supposed to taste good but this herbal concoction was delish and in the midst of not being up to eating anything - this herbal remedy was a bright spot in my day! Thank you Kate for sharing!