Recipe by chef FIFI
This is a tea I have concocted after trying several combinations to help ease chest congestion and asthma symptoms. This delicious tea makes breathing easier especially if you have a cold or mild asthma. Most of these ingredients have a medicinal role in helping chest congestion and or helping to relieve asthma.
Top Review by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
I used this wonderful remedy to calm a cough I had after running earlier this morning. Reading the other reviews I made one cupful of this. I had premade green tea, so I put in enough to fill my 8 oz. coffee mug. Warmed this tea in the microwave for 45 seconds, added the rest of the ingredients, and probably added close to 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper, as I am a true *pepper head* and although this does have a kick, it did quiet me down, and felt warm in my chest. I didn't sip it per/se I kinda drank it quickly. Thank you Fifi, I will be using this quite often to get ready for my 1/2 marathon in May. January 2009.
- 1⁄3 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1⁄2 teaspoon of ground dried mint
- 1 tablespoon green tea (chinese gun powder preferrably, but you can you a tea bag)
- 5 tablespoons honey (which can be adjust according to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)