1/2 Photos of Colcannon Rachael Ray Style
Mommy Diva's Note:
This traditional Irish dish is a combo of cabbage, potatoes and bacon. Rachel made and served this today on her show (aired Oct. 15th, 2008) paired with pork tenderloin - voila! Colcannon Rachael style.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 pork tenderloin, trimmed of excess fat and silver skin (each about 1 pound)
- 44.37 ml extra virgin olive oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 29.58 ml McCormick grill seasoning
- 44.37 ml grainy mustard
- 907.18 g potatoes, peeled and quartered
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 29.58 ml butter
- 29.58 ml milk
- 226.79 g Canadian bacon
- 453.59 g green cabbage, shredded
- 59.14 ml flat leaf parsley, chopped (about a handful)
- 29.58 ml chives, chopped (about half a handful)
- 1Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- 2Place the pork tenderloins onto a baking sheet and coat them with 2 tablespoons of EVOO, grill seasoning and grainy mustard, rubbing to evenly coat.
- 3Transfer to the oven and roast until cooked to your desired doneness, about 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into the pork reaches 145ºF.
- 4Let the meat rest about 5 minutes once it comes out of the oven.
- 5While the pork is roasting, place the potatoes into a medium-size saucepan and cover them with cold water.
- 6Add some salt and place over medium-high heat to bring to a bubble.
- 7Reduce the heat to medium and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes.
- 8Drain the cooked potatoes and return them to the pot they were cooked inches
- 9Add the butter and milk and mash the potatoes.
- 10Place a large skillet over medium-high heat with 1 turn of the pan of EVOO, about 1 tablespoon.
- 11Add the Canadian bacon to the pan and cook, turning occasionally, until browned and heated through, about 5 minutes.
- 12Remove the meat from the pan and chop it up.
- 13Add the cabbage to the pan with the bacon drippings and cook over medium-high heat until wilted and tender, about 5 minutes.
- 14Season the cabbage with salt and pepper, and add it, along with the chopped bacon and herbs, to the pot of smashed potatoes.
- 15Give everything a good stir to combine.
- 16Thinly slice the pork tenderloins and serve with the colcannon alongside.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Colcannon Rachael Ray Style
Serving Size: 1 (690 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 749.8
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 208.8 mg
- Sodium 1149.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 70.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
McCormick grill seasoning